White cabbage stew
- Cut the cabbage into quarters and cut the hard stalk out diagonally.
- Cut the pieces into wide strips of 2 cm.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the onions. Add the white cabbage gradually and let the cabbage shrink slightly while stirring.
- Also add the caraway seeds, thyme and mustard.
- Add freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour in the stock.
- Gently simmer the white cabbage with the lid slanted on the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- Roast the almonds and pine nuts in a dry frying pan until they colour a little and start smelling good.
- Then put them on a plate to prevent them from burning.
- Mix the nuts through the white cabbage just before serving.
Serve with bread.