Tuscan beef stew
- Cook the bacon on low heat in ± 10 minutes until crispy.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat, turn up the heat and cook the meat in the bacon fat until brown.
- Add the onions, garlic, dried chillis, carrots, leek and celery to the meat and bacon and fry another ± 5 minutes
- Add the tomato purée and fry in the pan for 1 more minute.
- Cut the stem of the lemongrass into halves and crush the halves under a pan or with a knife.
- Fry the onion for 3 minutes in a few tablespoons of oil in a Cuisson frying pan.
- Add the garlic, lemongrass, ginger and chilli and fry for a minute.
- Pour the coconut milk and fish sauce into the pan.
- Add the sugar and bring the dish to the boil.
- Stir briefly so that the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the wine and stock into the pan, add the rosemary twigs and orange peel and bring the contents of the pan to a boil.
- Put a lid on the pan and let the dish simmer on very low heat for ± 4 hours until the meat easily falls apart.
Serve Tuscan beef with pasta and roasted vegetables.