Steamed fish papillotes
- Cut the fish into cubes and dry them with kitchen paper.
- Remove the hard outer leaf and the ends of the lemon grass stalk.
- Cut the chilli lengthwise, remove the seeds and finely slice the chilli into thin strips.
- Cut the basil leaves into strips.
- Mix the fish, curry paste, fish sauce, shallot, chilli, lemon grass and basil in a large bowl.
- Divide the mixture over the sheets of grease-proof paper, and fold the paper to close it.
- Place the papillotes in the steamer inserts.
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan, making sure there is at least an inch between the water and the steamer insert.
- Place both the steamer inserts with papillotes on top of one another above the boiling water and cover with the lid.
- Steam the papillotes for about 15 minutes, until the fish is done.
- Remove the papillotes from the steamer inserts and place them on four plates.
- Tear or cut the paper open.
Nice with pandanus-leaf rice and stir-fried cauliflower with red chilli and roasted coconut.