Spinach with toast soldiers
- Wash the spinach well, and bring the wet spinach to the boil.
- Add some salt.
- Cook the spinach for about 8 minutes.
- Drain the spinach and finely chop it.
- Reheat the vegetable with a spoon of butter and stir in the finely crumbled rusks.
- Cut the slices of bread in equal triangles.
- Heat the remainder of the butter and quickly fry the pieces of bread (the toast soldiers) on both sides until golden.
- Garnish the spinach with the toast soldiers.
Hard boiled eggs
- Bring sufficient water to the boil to cover the eggs.
- Gently place the eggs in the boiling water.
- Boil the eggs in a pan with the lid on for 10 minutes until hard boiled.
- Drain the eggs and cool them under cold running water.
- Peel and halve them, and use them to decorate the spinach dish.