Spicy vegetarian wok dish
- Cut the bell pepper in half and remove the seeds. Cut the aubergine, bell pepper and tofu into equal cubes.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, cut each half into 4 pieces and cut those again into slanting pieces of 4 centimeters.
- Finely chop the garlic, peel the ginger and cut into slices. Cut the lime into wedges.
- Then heat the sunflower oil in the wok. Bake the tofu cubes crispy and golden brown in 3 minutes. Then let it drain in kitchen paper.
- Pour about 1 tbsp sunflower oil from the pan and save for later.
- Then fry the aubergine until golden brown in 4 minutes.
- Now add the cucumber and bell pepper and stir-fry until the vegetables are crunchy and golden brown.
- Take the vegetables out of the pan and set aside. Heat a dash of oil and fry the garlic on a low heat.
- Add the chilli paste, lime leaves and ginger and fry briefly.
- Add a dash of water, sugar and lime wedges.
- Cook and add extra sugar to taste.
- Add the tofu and vegetables and heat briefly.
Delicious with white rice.