Shakshuka with sumac and herb/lime rice
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the roasted and fresh peppers and fry briefly.
- Add the tin of tomato and roasted aubergine.
- Season with pepper, salt, harissa, cumin seeds, ras el hanout and smoked paprika.
- Let simmer for half an hour with the lid on the pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Mix with the herbs, lime zest and juice, olive oil, pepper and salt. Put in fridge.
- Remove the lid from the frying pan after approx. 30 min.
- Create 6 holes in the shakshuka and crack a raw egg open in each hole.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the pan in a preheated oven of 180℃ and cook the eggs for approx. 5 min.
- Meanwhile, Mix the hangop with salt and pepper and a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- Taste and season to taste.
- Serve this stew with the Labneh and fresh rice salad.
- Some Turkish bread on the side is also delicious.
- Wash and cut the aubergine in half.
- Rub mashed garlic on one side.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- First roast them in a hot oven at 180℃ until crispy.
- Wrap them in aluminium foil and puff them for another 30 min.
- Then cut them into small pieces.