Surinam roti pancakes
- Boil the peas for 20 to 25 minutes until only just cooked, let them steam out.
- Knead the flour together with the water and salt into a supple dough.
- Put the peas, garlic, Madame Jeanette pepper and cumin in the food processor so that it becomes a fine powder.
- Make 12 balls of the dough and make a dimple in each dough ball. Fill this with the split pea mixture, squeeze it to form a ball again.
- Sprinkle the countertop with flour and roll the ball into a flat pancake.
- Heat the pancake pan on medium/low heat and grease the pan with a little oil, fry the roti on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the roti with Masala chicken, asparagus bean, boiled potato and egg.