Risotto with mushrooms
- Cut the onion into rings and chop the shallot.
- Fry the shallot in a little butter and two tablespoons of olive oil in a thick-bottomed pan. When the shallot is translucent, stir in the unwashed rice.
- Make sure that all grains are covered with grease.
- Now slowly add the stock. Add one tablespoon for fifteen minutes and keep stirring continuously.
- When the stock is almost absorbed, the following spoon can be added.
- Don't let the stock boil when you make the risotto, so it will not interrupt the cooking process.
- Heat the frying pan when the risotto is almost cooked. Add half of the butter and fry the mushrooms and onion until cooked.
- Turn of the heat and leave to stand for a minute. Then add the rest of the butter, Parmesan cheese and mushroom mixture.
- The risotto is at its best when it is 'al dente'; soft, creamy, shiny and thick liquid.
- You have to be able to eat it with a fork. Finally, season the risotto with freshly ground pepper and salt.
Put on the table an extra bowl of Parmesan cheese for the lover!