Rich tomato soup
- Fill a large pan with the veal meat together with the water, salt, parsley, mace, thyme, rosemary and peppercorns.
- Clean the onion and carrots, cut them into small pieces and add them to the meat.
- Bring the contents to the boil and let the meat simmer for approx. 2 hours.
- Wash the tomatoes, peel them and cut them into quarters.
- Sieve the stock and put it back in the pan together with the tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes in the stock until cooked for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the skins and sinews from the meat and cut it into neat pieces.
- Rub the tomatoes through a sieve.
- Put the tomato stock back into the pan, add the meat and vermicelli and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the minced meat with salt, pepper, nutmeg and breadcrumbs.
- Make your hands wet and shape the minced meat into small solid balls.
- Let the meatballs cook in the soup for the last 5 minutes.
- Wash the mushrooms, cut them into slices and add them to the soup.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle the chopped parsley over the tomato soup just before serving.