Rice rolls with chicken
- Bring 400 ml of water together with the coconut cream and a pinch of salt to the boil; stir until the coconut has dissolved.
- Add the rice and cook it, covered, on a low heat for approx.
- 30 minutes until it is cooked and very soft.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: chop the chicken fillet as finely as possible.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the chicken until browned all over.
- Add the onion and garlic together with the coriander, cumin, turmeric and sugar and stir-fry for approx. 3 minutes.
- Add the water and coconut mixture as well as the kaffir lime leaves and bring to the boil while stirring.
- Allow the mixture to simmer gently for approx. 15 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated; remove the leaves.
- Put 10 pieces of cling film (or pieces of banana leaf) of approx. 8 x 8 inch on the work surface.
- Spread a thin layer of rice, approx. 4 x 2.5 inch, on each piece and divide the filling lengthwise along the centre of the rice.
- Use the cling film to make the rice into a roll and wrap the rice roll up tightly in the cling film; twist the ends to close them.
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan, making sure there is at least 2 cm between the water and the steamer insert.
- Divide the rice rolls among two steamer inserts, place these on top of one another above the boiling water and cover.
- Steam the rice rolls for 10 minutes until they are heated through.