Poached pear with orange
- Heat 500 ml water, wine and sugar in a stainless steel pan and dissolve the sugar in it.
- Add the orange zest.
- Put the peeled pears upright in the sugar water.
- Lower the heat.
- Poach the pears at 85-90℃ for 20-30 min.
- Remove the pears from the pan and leave them to cool.
- Boil half of the syrup until it has the thickness of a sauce.
- Boil water in a stainless steel cooking pan.
- Whisk sugar, egg yolks, yuzu and syrup to a thick frothy light yellow mass with a mixer in a heat resistant bowl.
- Put the bowl on the pan and whisk until the mass is thick.
- At 80℃ the egg yolks are cooked.
- Remove the bowl from the fire and whisk a little more.
Serve directly with some syrup.
Garnish just before serving with the sabayon and pistachio nuts.