- Put the rice in a sieve and rinse the rice under cold running water until the water that comes out of the sieve remains clear.
- Drain the washed rice well.
- Put the mussels in a bucket of cold water.
- Cut the meat into cubes, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wash the drumsticks, pat them dry and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a paella pan or deep frying pan.
- Quickly cook the diced meat until golden brown.
- Add the drumsticks and cook them until they are brown all around.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion and garlic and chop them finely.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and add the onion and garlic to the meat; fry both until brown.
- Wash the peppers, remove the seeds and cut them into strips; add them to the meat.
- Clean the squids, cut the body into rings and the tentacles into pieces.
- Fry the squid with the meat and bell peppers.
- Sprinkle the rice in the pan and fry until golden yellow.
- Pour the water into the pan and add the stock cubes, saffron and bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil.
- Stir the rice well and turn the heat low.
- Boil the covered rice for approx. 25 minutes until it is cooked.
- Wash the mussels, discard open or heavy mussels and press the mussels into the rice.
- After 15 minutes also add the drumsticks and scampi.
- When the rice is cooked, remove the lid from the pan (the moisture should have evaporated now).
- Take the drumsticks and scampi out of the pan.
- Stir the peas through the rice.
- Check that all mussels are open (discard closed mussels).
- Arrange the drumstick, scampi and olives over the rice.
- Cut the lemon lengthwise into 8 pieces and place them along the edge of the pan.
- Let it dry for approx. 10 minutes on a flame distributor.