Prawn pad Thai
- Soak the rice noodles for 1-2 minutes in hot water until softened, then strain them.
- Peel the prawns and devein them. Make a slit along the back of each prawn.
- Mix the tamarind paste, fish sauce and palm sugar together in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic on a medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the prawns and fry them for 2 minutes. Spoon the prawns out of the wok using a skimmer.
- Pour some extra oil in the wok, add the eggs and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the rice noodles and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add the tamarind paste, chili powder and half of the cashew nuts.
- Add the bean sprouts, prawns and spring onion. Fry the rice noodles and season with pepper and salt.
- Spoon the rice noodles into a dish and sprinkle the rest of the cashew nuts on top.
- Garnish with chilis and coriander.
- Put the lime on the side of the dish and serve.