Msemen - Moroccan pancakes
- Melt the butter in a pan and mix it with the oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, semolina and a pinch of salt.
- Knead in at least 10 min to a supple dough, add the lukewarm water while kneading.
- Divide the dough into 6 small, even balls. Place the balls on a plate and brush them lightly with the butter-oil mixture.
- Cover the balls with plastic film and let them rest for about 10 minutes.
- Brush the balls again with a little butter-oil mixture.
- Also brush the sink with a little butter-oil mixture, place the balls on the sink and flatten them, spreading them as thinly as possible.
- Sprinkle the semolina on the middle of the crêpe, sprinkle a little butter-oil mixture on top.
- Do the same with the other balls and fold the outer sides inwards to give it the shape of an envelope.
- Heat the pancake pan and fry the msemen until tender and crispy in about 2 minutes per side. Serve with butter or jam.