- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Place a small pan on a medium heat and heat the mandarins, juice and cane sugar. Let it reduce for about 5 minutes and then add the cornstarch. Simmer for 1 minute and puree with a hand blender. Pour over into a bowl and put away for a while.
- Grease the Royal Dutch Oven Cocottes with some butter and sprinkle with 20 grams of granulated sugar. Put in the refrigerator until use.
- In the meantime, beat up the egg whites. Add the rest of the granulated sugar. Your egg white mixture is ready when you can keep the dish upside down.
- Spoon the mandarin purée very carefully and quickly through the egg whites. It does not have to become completely even. Don't do this too long or too clumsy because then you will knock the air out of the egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into the Cocottes and put in the oven for about 12 to 17 minutes.
Make sure you never open the oven door when the soufflé is in the oven. Your soufflé is ready when it is still moist inside, but still wiggles a bit.