- Cut the meat into thin slices.
- Put the cornstarch in a bowl and stir in the sweet soy sauce and sherry.
- Put the meat in a deep dish, pour the marinade over it and let it soak for 1 hour.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Wash the bell pepper, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into strips.
- Clean the mushrooms and cut them into wedges.
- Drain the bamboo shoots and cut them into slices.
- Wash the bean sprouts and remove as many green shells as possible.
- Heat the oil in the wok and fry the onion and garlic until golden yellow.
- Remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry.
- Put the meat in the oil and cook until brown for about 3 minutes while stirring.
- Add the bell pepper, mushrooms and bamboo shoots and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon the bean sprouts through the dish and serve it as hot as possible.