Endive with apple
- Remove the ugly leaves and hard points from the endive. Wash the endive in plenty of cold water until there is no more sand to see.
- Cut the endive into large strips, remove the last stumps.
- Put the endive with the water and salt in the pan and bring the vegetables to the boil quickly.
- As soon as the endive has shrunk, put it on a skimmer. Place the lid on the pan and let it cook for approx. 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the apples, remove the core and cut the flesh into cubes.
- Add the apple cubes to the endive.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cooking liquid.
- Mix the cooking liquid with the cornstarch.
- Add the walnuts to the endive and let them heat for about 3 minutes.
- Season the endive with salt, pepper and nutmeg.