Dutch pea soup
- Clean the celeriac, carrot and leek.
- Cut the celeriac and carrot into small cubes and the leek into rings.
- Rinse the peas in a sieve under cold running water and let them drain.
- Fill a pan with 1.5 litres of water and add the peas, celeriac, carrot, chops and bacon cubes.
- Bring to the boil and stir regularly. Cook the peas gently for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the chops from the pan and cut the meat into pieces.
- Put the meat back into the pan and add the smoked sausage, leek and herbs.
- Let the soup simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir well regularly so that the peas do not stick to the bottom.
- Serve the pea soup in bowls.
Tasty with rye bread with smoked bacon.