- Finely grind chocolate biscuits in the food processor and divide over 4 glasses.
- Smooth the top and drop liquor over it.
- Melt 200g of chocolate in a saucepan, stirring over low heat to a smooth sauce. Let the sauce cool down a little.
- In a bowl, whisk whipping cream with icing sugar until stiffened. Pour in melted chocolate while beating. Keep beating until you get a smooth mousse.
- Spoon the mousse onto the biscuit mixture, gently smoothing the top.
- Put the glasses in the fridge and let the mousse set for 1-2 hours.
- Just before serving, dust the mousse with some cocoa powder and spread large pieces of meringue over the mousse.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a saucepan, stirring it into an even sauce. Let the sauce cool down a little, but it must remain liquid.
- Pour the sauce over the trifle.