- Thaw out the shrimps and mix them in a bowl with a teaspoon of salt, the sherry and 2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Let the shrimps marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the chicken stock with the sugar, sesame oil and tomato ketchup in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the shrimps on high heat for 2 minutes until pink.
- Spoon them out of the pan on a plate and cook the ginger with the spring onions and pepper in the remaining oil for 1 minute. Stir well.
- Add the bell peppers and stir-fry for a minute.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and add the shrimps.
- Bring the dish to the boil.
- Mix the rest of the cornstarch with 2 tbsp water and add it to the dish.
- Heat everything until the sauce has binded and serve immediately.
Delicious with boiled rice or noodles.