Chile con Carne
- Peel the potatoes. Cut into cubes and boil them in salted water for 4-5 minutes until al dente. Drain them.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and fry the onions, garlic and chilli 3 minutes on low heat.
- Add the minced meat and fry over high heat until brown and loose.
- Add the pieces of bell pepper and fry over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir the tomato pieces, tomato purée, sugar, cayenne pepper, chilli powder, paprika, cumin, salt and bay leaf through the minced meat and fry briefly.
- Put the heat down and let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes without a lid.
- Add the drained brown beans and cubes of cooked potato and heat these up as well.
- Finally, sprinkle the parsley over the dish.
Serve with tortilla chips.