Steamed chicken with sugar snaps and spring onion
- Peel the ginger and finely grate it. Whisk the lemon juice, the ginger and a pinch of salt in a bowl to make a marinade.
- Add the chicken fillets, covering them with the marinade. and leave them to marinate for 10 minutes. Wash the sugar snaps and put them in a steamer insert.
- Put the chicken fillets in a different steamer insert. Bring the sake to the boil in a saucepan with just enough water to ensure there is at least 2 cm between the water and the steamer insert.
- Place the steamer inserts with the sugar snaps and the chicken fillet’s on top of one another above the boiling sake and cover.
- Steam the chicken fillets for 15-20 minutes until they are done. Wash the spring onions and slice them into diagonal rings.
- Whisk the soy sauce, mirin and sesame oil together to make a sauce.
- Slice the chicken.
- Distribute the sugar snaps over the chicken and sprinkle the dish with spring onions.
- Delicious with udon noodles.