Chicken leg with red wine
- Season the chicken legs with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon on medium heat in a Fortalit Dutch Oven for 3 minutes.
- Scoop out the bacon and cook the chicken legs two at a time for ± 5 minutes in the bacon fat until they are brown all around.
- Remove the legs from the pan, add the onion, carrot and garlic and fry for 3 minutes in the frying liquid.
- Stir the tomato purée through the vegetables and fry for 1 minute.
- Pour the stock and wine into the pan, put the chicken pieces in and add the thyme and bay leaf.
- Bring the dish to the boil and cook the chicken for an hour on low heat with the lid on the pan.
- Stir the dish halfway.
- Mix the flour with 1 tbsp of the butter into a dough.
- Carefully remove the cooked pieces of chicken from the pan and crumble the flour-butter dough over the hot sauce in the pan and stir well so that the sauce binds.
- Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the rest of the butter in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms in it for 3 minutes on high heat, until brown and cooked.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the mushrooms and chicken pieces to the sauce and serve with some fresh thyme.
Delicious with boiled broccoli and fried baby potatoes