Fried chicken with aioli
- Remove the skin of the chicken from the abdominal cavity with a spoon.
- Carefully work it between the skin and the chicken meat towards the legs.
- Divide the herb butter into thin slices under the skin and press well.
- Grate the zest of the lemon and purée it with the oil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper.
- Rub the chicken thoroughly with the seasoning mixture.
- Cut the lemon in half and put half of the lemon with the bundle of thyme in the abdomen.
- Place the chicken with the legs up in a roasting pan and cook the chicken
- in a preheated oven at 180 °C in ± 55 - 65 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
- Turn the chicken halfway and baste the chicken with the cooking liquid from the roasting pan.
- Repeat basting every 10 minutes after turning.
- For the aioli, squeeze the other half of the lemon into a measuring cup.
- Add the egg and garlic cloves.
- Put a hand blender at the bottom of the measuring cup and slowly pour in the oil while mixing until a nice smooth mayonnaise arises.
- Season the mayonnaise (aioli) with salt.
- Cut the chicken into pieces and serve with the aioli.