Brussels sprouts, apples and diced bacon
- Cook Brussels sprouts in 10-15 minutes until al dente.
- Rinse sprouts in colander under running cold water and drain well.
- Peel the apples and cut into dices.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on top.
- Melt butter in a pan, fry bacon, onion, and cinnamon slowly and add cumin and pepper to taste.
- Add the apples and cook in 3-4 min. while stirring.
- Add sprouts and let them heat up through and through.
- Season the sprouts with salt and put them into a warm bowl. If necessary, put a knob of butter on top.
Replace the pieces of apple with pieces of dried apricot, fig or date.