- Peel the potatoes, wash and take the eyes out, and cut them into equal pieces.
- Bring water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the beets and shred or grate them.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut them into small pieces.
- Peel the onion and cut it into small pieces.
- After 12 minutes, add beets, apples and onion and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into dices and fry in the frying pan.
- Mash the potatoes, beets, apple and onion well together and add 3 tablespoons vinegar.
- Add the dices of bacon and the bacon fat.
- If the stew is not smooth enough, add the remaining vinegar and possibly some butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Delicious in combination with fried black pudding and apple!