Sauerkraut with sausage
- Skin the potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Squeeze the sauerkraut a little and pull it loose.
- Keep a large spoonful of sauerkraut and put the rest of the sauerkraut with the potato pieces in the meat stock.
- Add some more salt and pepper to taste and let it simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon and sauté the onion in the bacon fat.
- Crush the sauerkraut/potato mixture and add the heated milk.
- Then add the bacon and onions.
- Finally, scoop in the sauerkraut that has been kept behind, finely chopped.
- Prepare the smoked sausage according to the instructions on the package and serve with the sauerkraut stew.