French boeuf bourguignon
- Fry the bacon slowly in 5 minutes on low heat in a Bourgogne casserole.
- Sprinkle the meat cubes with salt and pepper.
- Turn up the heat and fry the beef for 3 minutes with the bacon.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrot and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato purée to the dish, stir and then cook for 2 more minutes.
- While stirring, add the wine and meat stock and bring the dish to the boil.
- Boil the Boeuf Bourguignon in about 2.5 hours on very low heat*. Stir occasionally.
- After 2 hours of stewing, add the shallots and mushrooms to the dish and let them cook until the meat is done.
*Use a hot plate to cook the stew very slowly. Or put it on the smallest pit of your stove.
Serving tip: French loaf and ratatouille