- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut the apples into pieces.
- Mix pieces of apple in a pan with ginger, vanilla seeds, 2 tablespoons sugar and wine.
- Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir to a loose compote, add some sugar if necessary.
- Let the compote cool down.
- Grind in the food processor 50 grams of almonds to fine flour.
- Chop the remaining almonds into pieces.
- Roast almond pieces in a dry frying pan until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir 1-2 tablespoons of sugar through almonds.
- Stir until the pieces of almond are covered with a layer of melted sugar.
- Transfer the almonds to a plate and let them cool. If they stick together very well, chop them into pieces.
- In a bowl, stir in whipping cream with almond flour and 2 tablespoons sugar. Whisk this mixture with the hand mixer until stiff.
- Spoon apple compote into 4 glass jars and spoon the almond cream on top.
Garnish with the sugared almonds.